By using our site
you are agreeing to our terms of sale and conditions:
All manufactures trade names are used for reference only to describe compatibility to our products or services. No services or products on our site are connected to, endorsed by or produced by any trade name or mark holder that may be mentioned unless otherwise stated.
We claim no affiliation, connection or relationship with any company whose trade name or mark may be used in reference on our site unless expressly stated otherwise.
By submitting material to any of our servers, for example, by E-Mail or via the XperiaUnlocked.com Web pages, you agree that: (a) the material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication; (b) you will use reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material; and (c) you own the material or have the unlimited right to provide it to us and XperiaUnlocked.com may publish the material free of charge and/or incorporate it or any concepts described in it in our products without accountability or liability (d) you agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit and you agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material you submit.
Terms of sales
Distance selling regulations
1. All unlocks supplied via XperiaUnlocked.com are classed as a service, not as goods, we supply a service that you may use to unlock your phone. This may take the form of a service where we generate a code for you, or allow you access to a server that will perform a service of unlocking your phone via a piece of software that we may provide to you in order for us to carry out this service.
2. XperiaUnlocked.com cannot guarantee success with the unlock codes we supply if the target handset has been subject to a previous unlock attempt. The customer accepts that a refund, in part or in full, will not be offered or given where the unlock codes supplied by have failed because the target handset has been subject to a previous unlock attempt. (unlock counter blocked by entering incorrect code too many times for example)
3. After purchase under the Distance selling regulations you have a period of 30 days that you may cancel the service as long as you have not used or started to use the service that you have purchased. The service will deemed to have started as soon as you attempt to use our service. You will be deemed to start using the service by a. requesting any unlock code you may have purchased b. downloading and installing any software that may be required to use the service; Once the service has started there is no right to cancel under the distance selling regulations.
4. The above does not affect your rights under the distance selling regulations when purchasing physical goods.
5. Our service is fully guaranteed. In the event of you not being able to use a service supplied by XperiaUnlocked.com, XperiaUnlocked.com or it's appointed agent will make every attempt to assist you in the successful use of our services, you as our customer will assist XperiaUnlocked.com in this. In the event that XperiaUnlocked.com are unable to provide successful assistance or the assistance provided fails to solve any problems or issues, XperiaUnlocked.com will provide a full refund. In the event that a customer refuses to accept assistance or is obstructive to assistance from XperiaUnlocked.com, no refund will be made
6. Unlock Codes. XperiaUnlocked.com will make every attempt to resolve any issue in respect of codes provided, XperiaUnlocked.com can take no responsibility for incorrect codes returned to the customer as a result of inaccurate information being provided from the customer. XperiaUnlocked.com will ask for assistance from a customer in establishing an unlock code is incorrect, providing this assistance is provided and the information confirms the inaccuracy of the code through no fault of the customer a full refund will be made to the customer.
7. By Making a purchase from XperiaUnlocked.com you will have deemed to be in agreement and have accepted these terms and conditions, by accepting these terms and conditions your salutatory rights are not affected. Further, by making a purchase from XperiaUnlocked.com for the purpose of unlocking your handset, you confirm and agree that you are the owner of the phone and that the device is not owned by a network carrier (i.e. during a contract relationship). If you are a reseller, by making a purchase from XperiaUnlocked.com, you confirm and agree that you have the permission from the owner of the phone and that the phone is not owned by a network carrier (i.e. during a contract relationship). If for any reason, the network carrier is the owner of the device, by making a purchase from XperiaUnlocked.com, you confirm and agree that the network carrier has given you permission to unlock your phone. XperiaUnlocked.com cannot be held reliable for breach of contract when you or your customers do not own the phone or do not have permission to unlock it. By making a purchase from XperiaUnlocked.com, you further confirm and agree that by law you are allowed to unlock your handset. If you are unsure, please consult with a lawyer in your country before making a purchase from XperiaUnlocked.com.
Digital Mellenium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing us with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail; A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. You may send the notification to email@example.com.
The U.S. government has enacted a new provision under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act which makes it illegal to unlock any phone purchased after Jan. 26, 2013 without the permission of the wireless carrier to which the phone belongs. If you have purchased a phone after this date and proceed to have it unlocked, you as the customer may be entering into illegal activities. You are solely responsible for any legal ramifications and Global Unlock is not liable for any current or future legal issues that may occur. These changes affect U.S. customers only.